VPA



     My design is a typographic solution that includes the names of all the creative fields that are a part of the Visual & Performing Arts Festival. I thought of how to best incorporate the theme of unity in my design, so I grouped the names together in such a way that, although separate, appear to be confined in a singular area. I had a difficult time figuring out how to include the name of Lakewood Ranch High School, so I decided to use the acronym and put it off to the side so that the viewer's eye travels from there all the way down to the names. To me, the orientation vaguely reminds me of a book, with the school name being the spine, the title being the name of the festival, and the list of fields in the spot where the author is named. Now that I think about it, I would consider going a step further with the book idea and have a few lines blocking in the text so it looks more like a book cover.

Comments